+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Dragoon

[Guide] Dragoon

Hello all here is a guide for dragoon.

First of all how to job advance into a dragoon:

2nd job advancement (by ice)
    Click here
    3rd and 4th job advancement (by shaggis)
    Click here

Hints, tips, equipments and skill builds from lv 50 to lv 80
    Besides that you will also find skills getting a higher lvl than they normally can get you can find all about it in this guide about monster cards (by Saphir): Click Here
    In my guide I will also refer to socket cards here's a guide all about production (by Nachos) Click here

LVL 50

-Lv 50 PVP equipment 1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Equipment for aim and abit critical damage:

Weapon: Magma Lord Sword
    Helmet: Burlune’s Mask
    Shoulders: Mist Elf Shoulder
    Top: Mist Elf top
    Glove: Burlune’s Fist
    Bottom: Mist Elf Bottom
    Shoes: Mist Elf Shoes
    Shield: Anakai Shield
    Cape: Mysterious Fog Cape
    Belt: Revious Purifying belt
    Ring: 10 Star Elluman Solar Ring (x2)
    Earring: Revious Agility Earring (For lv 50 aren’t earring you REALLY need but this gives +20 agi)
    Necklace: Hero Sign of Kazeura (Available to get from Hero quest in Kazeura village)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Lvl 50 PVP equipment 2
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Equipment for a lot crital damage:

Weapon: Magma Lord Sword
    Helmet: Glorious Imperial Helmet
    Shoulders: Glorious Templar Shouldergaurd
    Top: Glorious Imperial armour
    Glove: Glorious Templar Gloves
    Bottom: Glorious Imperial Pants
    Shoes: Glorious Templar Boots
    Shield: Anakai Shield
    Cape: Mysterious Fog Cape
    Belt: Revious Purifying Belt
    Ring: 10 Star Elluman Solar Ring (x2)
    Earring: Revious Agility Earring (For lv 50 aren’t earring you REALLY need but this gives +20 agi)
    Necklace: Hero Sign of Kazeura (Available to get from Hero quest in Kazeura village)
    This build Requires a lot of CP so if you don't wish to spend time on getting CP don't bother getting it.

A PVE equipment and skill build guide is not needed since lv 50 paladins hardly ever PVE

-Lv 50 PVP mainly 1 on 1 skill build

1st--------------------------------------2nd-----------------------------------3rd

-Lv 50 BattleSquare skill build

1st--------------------------------------2nd-----------------------------------3rd

You can choose if you want to get 3/5 'Cockroach Life' or 'Barricade'. Personally I would go for Barricade but I'm not sure how fast people in lv 50 BattleSquare kill each other.
    With this build you got around 80 skillpoints left you can add it to any attack you like but i would recommend getting 'Shield Mastery' to lvl 9 and use the points on that.

-Socket cards for lv 50

If you want to survive for a long time I would recommend to go for 'HLT' socket cards only.
    If you want to kill fast with a lot of critical hits I would recommend 'AGI' socket cards. Since 'AGI' socket cards also give some health I think this is the best choice.
    For Shield, belt and cape 'ACC' socket card.
    Last edited by Warioz; 04-15-2012 at 04:43 PM.

LVL 60

-Lv 60 PVP equipment 1 (Can also be used for PVE)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Equipment for a lot critical damage

Weapon: Bone Blade
    Helmet: Glorious Signus Helmet
    Shoulders: Glorious Templar Shouldergaurd
    Top: Glorious Signus Armour
    Glove: Glorious Templar Gloves
    Bottom: Glorious Signus Pants
    Shoes: Glorious Templar Boots
    Shield: [Hero] Undead Bone Shield
    Cape: [Hero] Bone Dragon Cape(Unisex)
    Ring: 10 Star BuboBubo Solar Ring (x2) (If I'm right Arka Solar Rings can't be get anymore)
    Earring: [Hero] Van Cliff Earring of Revival
    Necklace: Hero Sign of Kazeura
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Lv 60 PVP equiment 2
    Equipment for some critical damage, def and block rate.

Weapon: Bone Blade
    Helmet: [Hero] Undead Bone Helmet
    Shoulders: Glorious Signus Shouldergaurd
    Top: [Hero] Undead Bone Top
    Glove: Glorious Signus Gloves
    Bottom: [Hero] Undead Bone Bottom
    Shoes: Glorious Signus Boots
    Cape: [Hero] Bone Dragon Cape(Unisex)
    Ring: 10 Star BuboBubo Solar Ring (x2) (If I'm right Arka Solar Rings can't be get anymore)
    Necklace: Hero Sign of Kazeura

For both equipments you need CP if you don't want to CP farm, I recommend not to start making a lv 60 paladin/dragoon capper. The reason I recommend it is because there are no other real good equipment sets for paladin/dragoon for lv 60 without CP.

-Lv 60 PVP mainly 1 on 1 skill build

With this build you can around 100 skillpoints left I recommend getting 'Shield Mastery' to lvl 10 and use the points on that. If you don't want to farm monster cards you can also spend the points on 'Impervion'.

-Lv 60 PVP BattleSquare skill build

Also for this you got around 100 skillpoints left. I would recommend getting 'Shield Mastery' to lv 10. For BattleSquare is Impervion not really usefull because more people can attack you at once and since the skill has cooldown it's in my opinion quite messy to play with.

-Sockets for Lv 60

If you use the first equipment build I recommend getting 'AGI' socket cards simply because you will get more critical hits and abit more health.
    If you use the second equipment build I recommend getting 'HLT' cards only, since you have less critical damage than the first build but more defense (Bone equip gives more defense than glorious equipment). So if you get 'HLT' socket cards also you can survive even longer. For Shield, belt and cape 'ACC' socket card.
    Last edited by Warioz; 04-19-2012 at 03:56 PM.

LVL 70

-Lv 70 PVP/PVE equipment 1

Weapon: Zauharant Sword
    Helmet: Chaotic Octavia Helmet
    Shoulders: Glorious Octavia Shoulders
    Top: Chaotic Octavia Top
    Glove: Glorious Octavia Gloves
    Bottom: Chaotic Octavia Pants
    Shoes: Glorious Octavia Shoes
    Cape: [Hero] Paris follower's Wings(White)
    Ring: 10 Star Alexyon Solar Ring (x2) (Personally I prefer Lunar rings because I think a +20 gives enough attack already)
    Necklace: Premium Necklace of Abraxas (the on with +50 health)
    Lv 70 PVP/PVE equipment 2
    Equipment for a lot critical damage (Without CP farm but the CP set is better)

Weapon: Zauharant Blade
    Helmet: Chaotic Ocvtavia Helmet
    Shoulders: Chaotic Megnian Shoulders
    Glove: Chaotic Megnian Gloves
    Shoes: Chaotic Megnian Shoes
    Ring: 10 Star Alexyon Solar Ring (x2) (Personally I prefer Lunar rings because I think a +20 gives enough attack already)

Also for the lv 70 equipment it's the best to get the CP set. The second equipment set also gives critical damage but it's nearly 50% less than the CP set. For the first equipment set you can also get 3/3 with Glorious equipment but personally I think this is a waste of time since the difference in critical damage is just 19%.

-Lv 70 PVP mainly 1 on 1 skillbuild

This build can also be used for PVE but then the skill 'Cockroach Life' to 0/5 and add it to any other attack for more damage.

-Lv 70 BattleSquare skill build

With this skill build you got around 70 skillpoints left. I recommend getting 'Shield Mastery' to 8/9 and use the points on that.

-Sockets for lv 70

For both equipment builds I recommend getting 'AGI' socket cards. This way you get more critical hits and also some health. For Shield, belt and cape 'ACC' socket card.

LVL 80

- lv 80 PVP/PVE equipment 1

Weapon: Black Dragon Lord Sword
    Helmet: Chaotic Octavia Helmet
    Shoulders: Glorious Octavia Shoulders
    Glove: Glorious Octavia Gloves
    Shoes: Glorious Octavia Shoes
    Shield: Bracelet of Black Dragon Lord
    - Lv 80 PVP/PVE Equipment 2
    Equipment for some critical damage, defense and health

Weapon: Black Dragon Lord Sword
    Helmet: Helmet of Black Dragon Lord
    Shoulders: Chaotic Octavia Shoulders
    Top: Top of Black Dragon Lord
    Glove: Chaotic Octavia Gloves
    Bottom: Bottom of Black Dragon Lord
    Shoes: Chaotic Octavia Shoes
    Shield: Bracelet of Black Dragon Lord
    The first equipment build is more for 1 on 1 and fast kills but with good sockets it works very good to survive also. The first build is also better for PVE than the second build. The first build requires CP. The second equipment build is mainly to survive in BattleSquare and also to kill quite fast. The second build does not require CP.

- Lv 80 PVP mainly 1 on 1 skill build

This build can also be used for PVE but then the skill 'Cockroach Life' and 'Defensive Shout' to 0/5 and add it to any other attack for more damage.

- Lv 80 PVP BattleSquare skill build

With this build you got around 200 skillpoints left I recommend getting 'Shield Mastery' and 'Parry' to lvl 10 and use the points on that.

-Sockets for Lv 80

For the first equipment build I recommend getting 'AGI' socket for more critical rate and some extra health. For the second equipment build I recommend getting 'HLT' sockets cards only so you can survive event longer.
    For Shield, belt and cape 'ACC' socket card.

Cash Equipments

I recommend to get critical rate cash equipments. Besides the critical rate items you can get health or aim depending on what you want.

Weapon: Pumpkin Sword (critical rate)
    Helmet: Santa's Hat (critical rate) / Santa's Little Helper Hat(Unisex) (or any other aim set)
    Shoulders: Fire Gaurdian Shoulders (for health and agility)
    Top: Santa's Little Helper Jacket (or any other aim set)
    Glove: Lollipop Boxing Gloves (critical rate)
    Bottom: Santa's Little Helper Bottom (or any other aim set)
    Shoes: Santa's Little Helper Shoes (or any other aim set)
    Cape/Backpack: Baeko Backpack (critical rate)
    Shield: New Origin Bracelet
    Belt: New Origin Belt
    Ring: New Origin Ring and NewCherry Blossom Ring
    Earring: New Origin Earring
    Necklace: New Origin Necklace

Soulcraft Options

For Dragoon the best soulcraft options on hat, shoulder, top, glove, bottom and shoes are health and agility. Health for more health ofcourse and agility for more aim and critical rate.
    For rings, belt, Necklace and Earrings the best option is aim rate.
    For shield aren't really good options only for 'Bracelet of Black Dragon Lord' I recommend getting armour physical and magic defense because it increases the defence quite alot.
    Last but not least the weapon. For weapon I recommend critical damage and aim.
    Last edited by Warioz; 04-15-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Bonus Stats

For dragoon it's the best to choose the bonus stats according to which equipment set/sets you're going to wear. If you wear critical damage equipments I recommend using the bonus stats on 'AGI'. If you wear equipments which give alot defense and health I recommend using the bonus stats on 'HLT'.

Skills

Do you still wonder in my skillbuilds why I put that skill at lv 1, 3 or maybe even 5? Here most of it will be explained. The skillbuilds I showed before are just examples which are good in my opinion.

1st class skills
    Sword Mastery: Passive skill which gives a little attack boost further not very usefull.
    Blow: Attack with knockback not very usefull but 1/5 because it's needed for Storm Blade.
    Air Combo Launch: Attack which launches enemies 1/5 if you want Sword Dance.
    Cutdown: Allows you to hit monster on ground 1/5 because it's needed for Strom Blade.
    Re-launch: Attack which Launces grounded enemies 1/5 if you want Sword Dance.
    Storm Blade: Attack which attacks monsters in the air 2/5 atleast needed for Mega Storm Blade.
    Sword Dance: Attack, you throw a sword which knocks down enemies (usefull for catching in pvp 1/5).
    Hammer Crush: Attack with stun not really usefull 0/5.
    Blazing Youth: Attack with burn effect not really usefull 0/5.
    Icecold Heart: Attack with freeze effect not really usefull 0/5.
    Knight's Power: Skill that adds some defense 1/1
    2nd class skills
    Aerial Smackdown: Attack from air to ground 1/5 because it's needed for other attacks
    Shoulder Tackle: Attack, you move forward and knock down enemies 1/5 because it's needed for other attacks.
    Spear Jab: Attacks enemies 5 times with a mob 2/5 usefull for PVP and PVE.
    Pressure: Attack which drops a weight from the air 1/5 because it's needed for other attacks.
    Spin it Bear!: Attack which summons a spinning bear 5/5 in order the let it hit 5 times and less cooldown.
    Shield Mastery: Skill which gives you extra blocking rate and some defense 5/5 (10/10 is better).
    Parry: Passive skill which gives you extra blocking rate 5/5 (10/10 is better).
    Increased Defence: Skill which gives you some exta defence 1/5 because it's needed for other skills.
    Giant Growth: Skill which add some HP 1/5 because it's needed for other skills.
    Body Activation: Passive skill that gives extra HP 5/5.
    Aerial Blow: Attack which attacks monster in air 1 time 0/5.
    Impervion: Skill which allows you to sometimes endure knockback, flip or stun but still takes 100% damage. 0/5 to 5/5 depending on the skillbuild.
    Revenge: Skill that makes your oppent get an amount of the damage he deals to you back 0/5 to 5/5 depeding on if you want to play fair.
    3rd class skills
    Armour Mastery: Passive skill that boosts your defence 5/5.
    Armour Break: Attack which decreases enemies defence 1/5 because it's needed for other attacks.
    Joint Break: Attack which decreases enemies attack and mvement speed 1/5 because it's needed for other attacks.
    Weapon Suspension: Attack that makes enemies unable to attack.
    Over Head Strike: Attack which decreases enemies attack/magicalattack power 2/5 because it's needed for oter skills.
    Cross Cut: Attack which knocksdown enemies 3/5 because then it can also hit enemies on ground (usefull for catching in PVP and usefull for PVE also).
    Iron Skin: Passive skill that increases defence 1/5.
    Barricade: Skill that turns you into a cop, you can't attack but your defense goes up by a certain percentage and you also get healed for a certain amount 0/5 to 5/5.
    Cockroach Life: Skill which can be used when you have 20% HP or less left, when used the HP goes up by a certain percentage depeding on the skill lvl 0/5 to 5/5.
    Chain Shield: Attack which summons a chain shield from the ground which attack to enemies in the air. 1/3
    Mega Storm Blade: Attack which attacks monster in the air 1/3
    Provoke: Skill which makes monsters target the user 0/3.
    Shield Strike: Attack with a shield which stuns enemy 1/3.
    Recovery Aura: Skill which increases HP regeneration 1/5 if you want defensive shout.
    Defense Shout: Skill which gives an extra defensive boost 5/5 for the best effect.
    Sacred Protection: Skill which sacrifices your own HP to take the damage of someone else.
    Concentration: Skill which increases accuracy 3/3 for most accuracy.
    Aura Initiation: Passive skill which is needed for aura skills 1/1.
    Time Reverse: Skill which decreases cooldown time 5/5 for best effect.
    Offensive Aura: Skill which increases attack 0/5 because it's not alot extra damage.
    4th class skills
    Awakening: Passive skill that is needed for awakening skills and also increases awakening gauge when monster die 1/1.
    Rolling Ground: Attack which makes you move forward and roll over enemies 5/5 for less cooldown and more attack.
    Dragon Scale: Passive skill which increases you defense 5/5 for best effect).
    [Ultimate Skill] Dragon Rush: Attack which casts dragons and attacks up to 20 enemies 8 times, 3500 of consume gauge is used 1/1 if you pve alot.
    [Awakening Skill] Ascending Dragon: Attack which launches enemies in the air and attack them 1/5 because other skills are more usefull.
    [Awakening Skill] Dragon Dive: Attack which can be casted in air which attacks enemies and launch them 2/5 because other skills are most usefull.
    Charge the Awakening: Skill which increases your consume gauge by using mana 3/3 because then it uses less mana.

Strong points and weakness

Strong:
    Dragoons do have alot of defense and health so they can stand a lot of attacks. Their block rate allows them to dodge attacks. Dragoons got a very long combo which allows Dragoons to kill people very fast if the combo is succesful.

Weakness:
    Since Parry isn't a passive skill it has to be re-used, once you forget to re-use it you can easily get into a combo from another dragoon or joker.

Combos

To start off here is a nice PVP guide (by Hex) Click here

Some combos in the video of that guide are abit old. Here are 2 new combos:

(Special thanks to Dante for helping me in the video.)

If you've read the guide from hex you know what cancelling skills is so here are the combos:

Combo 1 in video for lv 50~60:
    Cross cut -> [Cancel straight after last hit] -> Spear Jab -> [Cancel straight after last hit] -> Armour Beark -> [Cancel] -> Over Head Strike -> [Cancel] -> Shield strike -> Chain shield -> Joint break -> [Cancel] -> Spin It bear! -> Mega Storm Blade -> STRAIGHT after it Strom Blade else the other can escape.

Combo 2 in video for lv 70~80:
    Cross cut -> [Cancel straight after last hit] -> Spear Jab -> [Cancel straight after last hit] -> Armour Beark -> [Cancel] -> Over Head Strike -> [Cancel] -> Shield strike -> Chain shield -> Spin It bear! -> [Jump] -> [Awakening Skill] Dragon Dive -> Mega Storm Blade -> STRAIGHT after it Strom Blade else the other can escape.

That was the guide. I hope it was usefull. (Nothing in this guide is copied).

greetings Warioz
    Last edited by Warioz; 04-15-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Man good build, but did you know that lvl 50 Palas can only have 4 on the Clockhead and 1 on that sword thing?

time Reverse* and Cross Cut*

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzk View Post
    Man good build, but did you know that lvl 50 Palas can only have 4 on the Clockhead and 1 on that sword thing?
    ow alright didn't think of that since I'm lv 80 thx I'll edit it

xD i know that just because i am a lvl 50 capper

Glorious Imperial Helmet = that mean [Advanced] or what ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeccess View Post
    Glorious Imperial Helmet = that mean [Advanced] or what ?
    Glorious Setparts are obtained through CP.
    You also need sigils of bravery to get them.

There can be obtained at Port of the Wings by your Class master.
    Screw that, quit!